Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2-Turning-13


My baby girl Emma. She has literally turned from a precious little baby into a little person overnight. A little person with attitude, that is. This girl is truly a little sauce queen when she wants to be.

Now don't get me wrong--she is very sweet and can play the 'innocent' thing when necessary. But when it's just me and Daddy...whoah. She's a little Diva. She loves all things Dora and Cinderella and (most recently, and Lord help me) Barney. She's incredibly independent and demands to do all things herself. "No, Mommy. Emma do it." Simple tasks such as pulling up her pants or wiping her hands is something she must do. Which takes up double the amount of time as it should.

I guess I shouldn't see this as a surprise. She is my little girl, right? I know I was always a little independent, shall I say "bossy" girl? (although I don't like to refer to it as bossy, rather I was a leader. Big difference there.) So I guess I should just be thankful. I have a perfectly healthy, independent child.

Who will surely rule the world. She does mine, anyway.

No comments: