Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Sweet-Natured Boy


I can't believe how lucky I am. I thought Emma was a good baby, especially when it came to sleeping. I remember her sleeping through the night between months 3-4. I had gone back to work by then, but remember only having to wake up 1 time during the middle of the night for the first few weeks I was back to work. But Drew...wow! He started sleeping through the night after month 1!


Andy & I are firm believers in establishing routines for our kids. We learned this from our first daycare provider, Carolyn. She maintained the same exact routine for all the children she watched, which helped Emma find her groove. I firmly believe that kids need a sense of order and consistancy. Having them know what to expect on a daily basis really helps them get into a normal and healthy sleeping pattern.


That said, Drew goes down around 10/10:30 and doesn't wake up until I get him up around 6:00 or so. And he always wakes up with a smile! He's such a sweet-natured little guy. He loves his mommy and his mommy loves him. I only hope he keeps up his gentle nature....Lord knows we need to have an easy-going child, to offset the craziness called Emma Lucille.

No comments: