Friday, May 23, 2014

Drew's 5th Birthday Party

I still can't believe it.

I can't believe that my baby boy is FIVE years old.

FIVE.

That's no longer a baby.  Hell, that's no longer a toddler.  

He's freaking FIVE YEARS OLD.

So I told him that when he turned five, he could have an "official" birthday party.  Because that's the first time his sissy had one.  And, naturally, he chose to have his party at the same place that his sister did: Monkey Joe's!

But instead of inviting the whole class (1st-timer mistake that I was NOT going to make again!), we just invited the kids - boys - that he actually talks and interacts with.  So Mason (Mase-Mase), Sam (Sammy), Matthew (Matthew), Nolan (Noley), and Cole all came out to jump with Monkey Joe and celebrate Drew's big day!

This year, he really got into Star Wars (thanks to the ride at Hollywood Studios that he experienced during Spring Break), so some of the top items on his wish list were:
  • Light Sabar
  • Luke Skywalker action figure
  • Jeti men
  • and, of course, anything Ninja Turtle related!
Go figure: Drew would not pose for a picture to save my life!  

I finally got one of him, though!

Sissy, on the other hand, has absolutely no problem posing for a picture. In fact, what I'm not posting, are the dozens - and I mean DOZENS - of photos that she took of herself at his party.

No comments: