Saturday, August 15, 2015

The GREAT Flood of 2015

So that previous post, saying I was over it?

Yeah, that was an understatement.

Two weeks after getting flooded, we - yet again - had another flood. This one was the worst flood we've ever experienced.

THREE FEET of water came into our house. 

And the city won't do a damn thing about it.

I have no more words to use to express my frustration, my heartache, my broken spirit. I'm beyond sick by the situation that we have - that we LIVE in - that I just have no more words.



Here it comes....

Trying to stop the water. Pretty pathetic, huh?

Our backyard. Normally, you'd be looking at beautiful green grass.

We had to keep moving our cars further and further up the driveway. Eventually, we had to park them in our neighbor's driveway for safe-keeping.

And here it is. The aftermath.

Water came up so high, it went into our dryer. Broke our washer, actually. And zapped our internet, as our router was on a table that got washed away by water. Oh, and our air conditioning got zapped. So we had to replace that as well.

Here, you can see the water line. Came up 3" in our house.

Water line on our garage.

No comments: