Friday, December 2, 2011

My Wedding Ring. My Commitment

For the first time in the SIX years that I've been married - seven if you count the engagement year - I forgot to wear my wedding rings.

And I am absolutely lost.

And naked.

And ashamed.

And embarrassed.

Who would have thought that two tiny rings have become such a part of my life?!?  Of who I AM.

Six years ago, I made a commitment in front of my family, my friends, God, and most importantly - myself and Andy.  I made a commitment to love, honor, and cherish him every single day.  And while I know that he and I are far from perfect in cherishing each other each and every single day, the one constant in my mind is wearing my wedding rings. 

These two little bands represent our love for each other.

Our love for our babies.

Our love for the life that we have created together.

No comments: