Monday, August 23, 2010

Andy's First Triathlon

I'm so proud of him. Andy finished his first Spring Triathlon at Eagle Creek Park this past weekend. And he did it without any training. I know, I know...one shouldn't do that! But he's been running now for over 3 years on a consistent basis, with his shortest run being 4 miles, so he figured he could do this short sprint tri. Well--actually. I shouldn't say he didn't do any training. He did swim for 30 minutes a week before hand. :)


Since it is a "sprint" Triathlon, he had to swim for 500 meters, bike for 10 miles, and run for 3 miles. And he did it all in 1 hr, 19 min. Which is pretty good for his first tri. And I'm happy to report that he'll be doing many more! And I'll be doing some too!

2 comments:

The McClains said...

Yeaa! Go Andy! I want to start doing sprint triatholons. But I think that might have to wait until my baby-making days are over. :)

shiloh said...

Way to go Andy! Chrissy that's awesome that you're going to do them too!