Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of Preschool



Yesterday was the kid's first official day of Preschool. We have been hyping this up all summer long...so needless to say, Emma couldn't wait to go to her "big girl" school! She woke up at 5:30, in anticipation of the big day! Naturally, I always have the kid's clothes laid out for the week, but Emma is on a kick where all she wants to wear are dresses. And yesterday was definitely not an exception. So instead of the cute little outfit I had scheduled for her to wear, she insisted on wearing the dress that she got her picture taken in.

And even though Drew didn't wake up early in anticipation, Emma couldn't wait to tell her baby brother what a special day it was. So she storms on in, saying "Drewbie, it's time to get up, handsome man!" Good thing he's such a happy little guy.....if I were her sister and she woke me up, she definitely wouldn't be getting a big toothy smile from me!

So we preceded the morning as usual, except for the fact that Emma didn't eat breakfast before leaving. Instead, they serve breakfast at her school, so she was excited to see what that was all about. Turns out, the food isn't as--shall we say--sophisticated as Emma is used to. Not that there's anything wrong with what they serve (cold cereal, milk, juice, and toast)....Emma's just used to oatmeal, waffles, breakfast bars, or pancakes. All homemade of course (insert sarcasm here).

After checking both kids in, and saying my goodbyes, I was off to let them enjoy their new life in daycare. Both kids have daily schedules, with curriculum, bible study, dance class (Emma), Spanish emersion (Emma again), songs, and computers infused throughout the course of their day. I'm so excited for them, and love that they are going to the place that I went to as a child myself.

EMMA'S SCHEDULE
7:00-8:00 Inside Free Time
8:00-8:30 Coloring/Puzzles/Crafts/Cutting
8:30-9:00 AM Snack
9:00-9:30 Outside Time
9:30-10:00 Bible Study
10:00-10:30 Curriulum (alphabet & numbers)
10:30-10:45 Bathroom
10:45-11:15 Outside Time
11:15-11:30 Wash up for Lunch
11:30-11:45 Story Time
11:45-12:15 Lunch
12:15-12:45 Outside Time
12:45-1:00 Bathroom
1:00-2:30 Naptime
2:30-2:45 Bathroom
2:45-3:00 PM Snack
3:00-pickup Afternoon Aide

2 comments:

The McClains said...

Awww! That's awesome that they are happy with their new school and you are, too! Gwyn starts "School" in a few weeks. I hope her transition goes as well as your family! :)

shiloh said...

What an exciting day! I love that she is happy to being going to school:) The breakfast cracks me up!