Monday, October 18, 2010

Emma's 4th Birthday, Take 2

So you may have been wondering why I put "Take 1" in my first post about Emma's 4th Birthday. Well, here's your answer: the poor little girl got TWO birthday celebrations.

I know, I know. Highly unnecessary. But the first party was really the "celebration" one, where we invited all her friends to Monkey Joe's for a night of crazy-bounciness. No presents were accepted; just the celebration of Emma turning four. So I had to have a family celebration, where gifts were given, and Hello Kitty was in full effect.

And it didn't disappoint. Emma got more crap than needed. Some of the gifts that our family gave:

- A "vintage" Cabbage Patch doll from 1985. Aunt Anne got an authentic doll at a garage sale, complete with all the original adoption papers, in the original box, everything intact. It was super-cool!
- Her first digital camera. The girl hasn't stopped taking unnecessary pictures. I think she likes it.
- Leapster, an educational video game. She already knows how to work it. The tricky thing now is: who likes it more, daddy or Emma?
- Zsu Zsu Pets. Compliments of Grandma, we now have these annoying little robotic gerbils that reek havoc on my nerves. Thanks, mom.
- Disney Princess Keyboard. What IS IT with grandparents giving all the annoying toys?!? Not that we needed Emma to be even louder than she naturally is, we are now serenaded with beautiful "melodies" every morning at breakfast. And during NFL football games. And at night-night time. And.....you get the picture. Again, thanks dad!
- Barbie dress-up clothes. I think she got like a 500-piece set. All I could think about was, "How the HECK am I going to keep these things out of Drewbie's mouth?" Ugh, fun times!





1 comment:

shiloh said...

that cabbage patch doll is awesome! happy birthday again emma:)