Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Trans Siberian Orchestra

This past weekend, I went to the Trans Siberian Orchestra at Conseco Fieldhouse. If you're unfamiliar with TSO, they are Progressive Rock Band who's musical style incorporates classical, orchestral, symphonic, and progressive elements into hard rock and heavy metal (thanks to Wikapedia for that fabulous definition). They are simply amazing. They are a full band, complete with pyrotechnics and an amazing laser light show.

The first half of the performance included songs from their Christmas album. My favorite, being "Hark How the Bells." They put such an interesting twist on a delicate classic. The second half included songs from their more traditional albums, more of what they're famous for. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to go to this concert! In my opinion, it's a must for a music lover.




No comments: