Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Flu...followed by Strep Throat

It all started with the Colts sucking wind on Sunday night.  So I fully blame Peyton Manning for not only making us look bad on national television, but for also hitting me with a truck.  Because that's what I felt like Sunday night and then all day Monday.  I haven't been this sick in years.  I was completely out of commission.  I had the chills all day, so I was wrapped in layers and layers of covers.  By the end of the night, my fever had finally broke, so then I was sweating profusely.  But I finally felt better Tuesday. 

Or at least I thought I did.  Hell, anything felt better than what I had experienced for the previous 24 hours!  So I ended up going into work, which turned out to not be the wisest decision I've ever made....because I woke up today (Wednesday) with the sorest of sore throats.  So I drug myself into the Minute Clinic to get tested for Strep.  And as soon as the Nurse Practitioner took a look at my throat, she said--and I quote--"This isn't going to be good."

No kidding, Sherlock.

So here I am, stuck at home, quarantined off from my family...from seeing my little babies.  Feeling like doo-doo.

Do you feel sorry for me yet?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I do feel sorry for you... I missed work on Monday because of the same thing. Not good. Hay, to make you feel better- What about those COLTS- How many losses is that? Five I believe!!!!! I think I heard that number at the first of the season
Love,
Dad

The McClains said...

I DO feel sorry for you. Poor girl. Take care of yourself. Lot's of OJ and soup!