Monday, May 7, 2012

Drew's 3rd Birthday

We celebrated Drew's THIRD birthday yesterday, with a Despicable Me theme. He loves the little "one liners" that the movie has, so I thought it would be fun to do a Despicable Me theme! I didn't go all out, though. Reason number 1 why I didn't: I personally think it's pointless to spend oodles of money of children's birthday parties when - quite honestly - they don't remember them until they're older anyway. Number 2: they could care less about all that extra crap.....they just want cake and presents.

So cake and presents is what we had!

I found the cutest Minion cupcakes on Pinterest. If you're interested in the step-by-step directions, click here to check out The Real Housewives of Riverton's blog. That's where I got my inspiration!



Minion Cupcakes!




The picture's fuzzy, cause I couldn't get him to hold still for 2 seconds!
This present was the biggest hit, by far!



Gross!
Don't her parents bathe her?!?

Attempt #1

Attempt #2
I give up on trying to get any good shots of all four of us. The ages of our kids are just IMPOSSIBLE to get good shots. Emma's (5) in a mood, and Drew (3) can't be serious any time a camera points in his direction!

Go figure.
When Drew's got a normal smile going on, I'm not even looking at the camera!

No comments: