Monday, May 7, 2012

Look Who Got Their Ears Pierced!

A couple of months ago, Emma had asked me when I got my ears pierced (my answer, BTW: I don't remember exactly; I think I was in 2nd grade or so), as she started taking an interest in earrings. So it sparked me to think about when I should "let" Emma get her ears pierced. I asked Andy his point of view on the subject and he didn't really have a strong opinion one way or the other.

So, I talked to Emma about it

Told her the responsibilities of getting them pierced. Cleaning them every day and night. Dealing the pain when she sleeps on them. Yadda yadda yadda. I even showed her a couple of youtube videos (both the good AND the bad videos), so that she fully understood the process of how it works, getting the "guns" to your ears.......

..............and she was all for it!

So we decided to take our big girl to the mall, let her pick out the earrings that she wanted, and voila! My Missy Lucille is now part of the Pierced Ears Club.
 




1 comment:

shiloh said...

Such a good mom you are! And my goodness, she just gets more grown up every post! Congratulations to Andy and your family on the new position, that's pretty cool:)