Sunday, December 2, 2012

Fallen of the Wagon

You see this wagon?
I've kinda fallen off of it.  Well, not kinda.

I did.

And actually.  I didn't just fall.  I took a dangerous tumble and crashed flat on my face.  Shortly after finishing my race at the end of August, I've completely let loose.  Turns out, without something to look forward to - a goal of some sort - I had nothing to work towards.

Crazy, right?

What about maintaining a healthy lifestyle?  What about setting a good example for your kids by eating sensibly and working out?  Those aren't enough to keep you going?!?

Of course they are.

But in my mind, I didn't have any races lined up.  Nothing to look forward to.  I used to think Andy was crazy, always signing up for races.  But I completely get it now.  Once you become an athlete; once you've put yourself in the mindset that you've got something to work for, you become addicted.  And you need something to fuel your addiction.

A race.  An event.

And sometimes it takes hitting the bottom again to get yourself back on track.

So here I go again.

Getting myself back on track.

No comments: