Friday, April 30, 2010

Babies!

I'm really having a hard time accepting the fact that my little baby boy is turning one. It seems as though I just had him. With Emma, I couldn't wait for her to turn one; to plan the first birthday party. I couldn't wait for her to hit all her developmental milestones. It was like she was always this mature, little lady of mine. But with Drew, I truly know how fast time flies and how, soon enough, he will be my little man, roughing it in the backyard with his big sister. And I just can't seem to come to terms with that. I want my little baby back--to hold him in my arms, just cooing up at me.

And to make things worse, it seems as though everyone around me is either having babies or is pregnant. Not that I'm envying the pregnant part (heck-to-the-NO!), but I am envying the fact that they'll soon be having a sweet little baby. Uggh, if only you didn't have to actually carry a baby to have one...

1 comment:

The McClains said...

Isn't that true! Wouldnt it be great if we could just have a stork drop off babies on our doorsteps? None of this gaining weight, aching backs and stretch marks! :)