Monday, March 26, 2012

Emma's 1st Loose Tooth

How the heck can I be blogging about this already?!? She's only FIVE years old, for goodness sake! Don't your teeth fall out when you're like 6 or 7?

Apparently not.

But let's be honest.

Emma's always been on the fast-track. Developmentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. (Yes, spiritually. She questions God and eternal life all the time. So there.)

And to top it all...this came completely out of the blue. There was no complaining of her teeth hurting. On the way home from the gym this weekend, she goes "Mom, my tooth is wiggly. I think I'm going to lose my tooth."

Said so matter-of-factly.

Meanwhile, my heart did a little pitter-patter. Which was weird for me to say, think, and feel because I've always viewed Emma as my big girl and have had no problems accepting her developmental milestones. But this was different. Even though she's always been my "big girl," this loose tooth somehow symbolizes a new passage into childhood that I don't want her to quite walk through yet...........
 

No comments: