Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fourth of July

Wow, the 4th of July came and went faster than a firecracker!

Because here I am, on July 31, almost a whole month later, and I've yet to blog about it.

Shameful.

Aaaanywho, the 4th seems to be a fun holiday for me, purely from a decoration/DIY/crafty point-of-view. Because, quite frankly, I'm not a fan of the actual fireworks part. I decorate my house from top to bottom in red, white, and blue decor. I make festive t-shirts for the kids. I even make tasty treats to celebrate our nation's independence. But hearing fireworks go off at all times of the night - continuously - for 2 weeks straight?

Ughh.

Annoying.

What is it, about this holiday, where our nation's finest feel it's perfectly acceptable to light their money on fire? But yet, they can't fathom paying the grocery bill to feed their children's hungry bellies?!?

Whatever. That's a separate issue. This post is about my crazy crafting skillz and to flaunt the adorableness of my kids.


I need to work on my photography skills. Here's a shot of the kid's bathroom.
I LOVE decorating the bathrooms for the holidays!



My crazy, awesome, fun, obnoxious, loud, but always CUTE kids!
With homemade tees by mom, of course.

Thanks to Andy, Emma now makes ridiculous faces whenever I ask her to smile for the camera.
Drewbie's obeying.  Can't you tell that he's saying "Cheeeese."

Painting Emma's flag tee.

Here's the USA "template" I made myself, for Drewbie's tee.

A healthy alternative to a banana split:
strawberry Greek yogurt smeared over a banana, dipped in sprinkles (or chocolate chips) 

Independence Day Punch

My Doo-Doo.
Undoubtedly the cutest little man.
In my world, at least!

No comments: