Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Symphony on the Prairie

Seeing as this is our 3rd or 4th year in a row, we seem to have started a tradition of attending Symphony on the Prairie every summer. This year was the music of Queen, and I'll be honest. I wasn't thrilled about going this year. I'm not really a fan of rock music....let along rock music from decades ago. I'm more of your typical Top 20's/Pop type-of-a-gal....with music from the 90's being my favorite. Put on some Salt-N-Pepa sprinkled with a little Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony, topped with Mariah's Dreamlover and I'm all set!

But I digress....

Despite my lack of initial enthusiasm, I sucked it up and headed out to Conner Prairie on a hot and sticky night.

And I'm happy to report that I'm glad I went! The show was really good and the singer was amazing. Even though I'm no expert, the guy who was covering Freddie Mercury (his name is Brody Dolyniuk) was uh-maze-ing. Vocally speaking, he really was a dead-ringer for him! If it wasn't for all the 60-something adults in the audience, you'd think it was him and we were back in 1972!


No comments: