Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy SIXTH Birthday, Emma Lucille!

Dear Emma,

I am so incredibly PROUD to be your momma. When I see you standing in a group of your peers, my heart just beams with pride. Not only are you a good head taller than all your other classmates, but you’re just so dang smart!

And pretty.

And witty.

And sassy.

Boy, are you ever sassy! As if people don’t know it instantly when they look at you, it’s no secret that you’re my child! With almost every statement you make nowadays, I can remember saying the same dang thing to my mom! (I’m so sorry, mom. I never hated you, bytheway.) And your attitude has been hoisted to a whole new level this past year. Sometimes I really don’t believe that you’re only 6 years old…truth be told, I’m quite scared for what 16 holds!

But with all that sassiness and attitude, you’re one AMAZING little lady, Lucy. Your love and compassion for your little brother, God, and all your family members has simply amazed me. You love God, and you love to remind everyone how to love each other no matter which skin color they have (brown or peach, as you say) or what kind of family they live in (a mommy & daddy family or a mommy & mommy family, as you say).

I love you, little lady.

-Momma


A look back at some of my favorite memories this past year.

Thanksgiving last year, 2011.

Who could forget. You got it, you got it! Your Robeez foot spa!

Meeting your idol, Rapunzel, at Disney World.

Just one of your many fashion "stances."

Mommy-Emma day date, where you picked out your own outfit and hairstyle.

One of our many weekend trips to Starbucks.
Coffee (hot coca) in one hand, iPhone in the other!

One of my favorite pictures of you two!

Your first loose tooth. You lost it in March of this year.

Just one of our many nail designs that we like to do.

You learned how to braid your own hair this past year.
You do it to ALL your dolls.

You even got your ears pierced this year.
And you did a FABULOUS job at keeping them clean! 

Taking a little siesta in Papa's canoe.

You experienced your 1st pet loss this year.
Here, you're saying a little prayer before laying it to it's final resting place.
The sewer.

Your 1st race that you ROCKED!

You won a fish (that later died less than a week later) at the State Fair.

Having fun at OBX!

Enjoying all the props at Kelly's baby shower!


1 comment:

The McClains said...

Awww. Cute! You are a great momma!