Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Headless Horseman


It amazes me – no, it actually tickles me – at how incredibly scared Emma is of the Headless Horseman.  For someone who is fearless, who is all-knowing, who ain’t afraid of “no ghosts” (insert the music [in your head, of course] to the cheesy ‘Ghostbusters’ “I Ain’t Afraid of No Ghosts” here)…………she sure is petrified of Mr. Headless Horseman!

And it just cracks. Me. Up.

Do I have a little fun, egging her fear on?  Sure.

Do I add to the fear factor by making up stories of him?  Uh-huh.

Am I going to win “Mother of Year” for doing so?  Ummm, probably not.

But I can’t help myself………it’s so freaking funny!!  Drew’s not scared, so it adds to the fun factor even more.  The fact that little baby brother isn’t scared, but Miss “I-can-do-anything-and-I’m-never-scared” sure is!
Everyone's excited to be waiting in line to see the Headless Horseman.
Everyone except Emma.

See? Drew's happy.
But not Emma.



This is why I was having so much fun with it.

I'm sorry, but I can't help myself.

Doesn't that just make you laugh?

Wouldn't YOU continue to egg her fear on?

No?....No?.....anybody?

  


Okay, all joking aside, and once we were done torturing her, we headed along to the other festivities that Conner Prairie had to offer.




Playing a life-size game of Halloween Operation.


No comments: