Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

We had a lovely Mother's Day this year.  It started quietly ...as the kids had a sleepover at Grandma's house.  It's always so weird when the kids are away.  It's like Andy & I don't know what to do with ourselves!

So what do two hot, young lovers do when the kids are away?!?

Why, go to the grocery store of course!

That WAS what you were thinking, right?

Grocery shopping without a 6 and 4 year nagging at your side for a box of animal crackers down the cookie aisle -or- a box of Toy Story gummies down the fruit snacks aisle -or- some Snackables in the deli section....is, well, H-E-A-V-E-N.

After our rendezvous at Kroger, we had brunch at "End of the Line," formally known as Shelby Street Cafe.

My baby girl.

It's like you're my mirror.
My mirror's staring back at me.

Then we came back home for some relaxation.  Or yard work, as I call it.

No really.

I love to work in the yard.  Andy does too.  We actually argue over who gets to mow the lawn.

True story.

So after winning the yard war, I opened up my super-fantastic gifts.  I must say that Drew's gift won Most Original.  But Andy's came in a close second, with the award for Most Cleverly wrapped.

  • Drew's gift to Momma: one of our coffee mugs that he put his Picasso stamp on.  It's going to be worth millions one day, guaranteed.
  • Emma's gift to Momma: a flower planted in a soup can that she decorated herself.  Complete with a picture of her attached to it.
  • Andy's gift to Momma: a new pair of Reef flip flops.  (That Emma picked out.)  Wrapped in Christmas paper.  Secured with packing tape.
My Mother's Day Loot

My world, my life, my heart.

No comments: