Monday, December 30, 2013

SPX Christmas Party

Emma's class had another super-fun party; this time as we celebrated Christmas!  Being a private, Catholic school they are allowed to celebrate such occasions..........because in talking to some co-workers, who have children in public school, they're not allowed to celebrate specific religious holidays anymore.  Which is such a shame.  (But at the same time, I can understand why they don't anymore.)  But anyway, that's just one of the minuet reasons why we chose SPX......to be able to celebrate and pray for Him!

Being a Room Mom, I (along with my other RM) organized the games and festivities that they kids participated in.  Some of the games they played were "Pin the Carrot on the Snowman" and "Throw the Snowball through the Wreath."  They also had a craft station, where they made a fun, little ornament and played Christmas BINGO while enjoying their Christmas treats.

As an added bonus, I made little stockings for all the kids in Emma's class..........all 22 of them!  This was something that my mom did for me when I was in 1st or 2nd grade, and I wanted to carry on the tradition with my kids.  


Such a special treat:
Santa Claus came for a quick visit to ask what each kid in Mrs. Ritter's class wanted for Christmas!

No comments: