Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy EIGHTH Birthday, Emma Lucille

Dear Emma,

You turned 8 this year. Not 18. Not 13. Not 15.

EIGHT YEARS OLD.

In looking back at past birthday letters I've written you, there's a constant theme: you amaze me with your wisdom. Your intuition and ability to just "get it" truly blows me away. Your ability to understand the way things work, and completely and totally know what I mean when I say this - AT EIGHT YEARS OLD - is beyond me.

Simply put, you are amazing

You are difficult.

You are loud.

You are challenging.

You test my limits.

And you push me to them. 

You have a heart of gold that cares so much for your baby brother, your family, and God.

You, my little lady, are my super star.

And you always will be.

Love,
Mom 

A look back at some of my favorite memories this year.




 

No comments: