Monday, April 11, 2011

Manager's Meeting

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I really do love my job. I get to work with people I like, I get to see what some of the top brands in the world are doing, and occasionally I get to see some celebs along the way.

Last weekend, we had our National Manager's Meeting, where all our store managers, district managers, and regional managers fly into Indianapolis for one gigantic meeting. Most of our top brands sponsor the meals, by making an event out of it. Nike always kicks our meeting off with entertainment...and usually they bring a surprise "guest" out to help celebrate. This year they brought Lance Armstrong to talk about his foundation, as we're one of the largest supporters of their Livestrong bands. (I think we donated like $5 million to his foundation over the years, but don't quote me on that.) Then the following night, Reebok brought Erin Andrews and Reggie Wayne in. Erin Andrews did a great job of getting the crowd involved and excited...and of course all Reggie Wayne had to do was just stand there and look good. The kid's not to hard on the eyes!

So just an example what I get to experience at my job. I'm a pretty lucky lady.

Ok, so this is a horrible picture.  Lance is on the far right side.  He was a pretty good speaker.  Definitely got me motivated to do some races this summer!

No comments: