Thursday, April 28, 2011

You'll Always Be My Baby

I read a very tearful blog post today, with a quote that followed the entry. "In the words of Robert Munsch, "As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."

It was touching to me not only because of the subject of the post, but because the quote the blogger included is something I've recently explained to Emma. You see, I always call both my children, "my babies." And I always will. Emma, being such the big girl, would challenge me every time I called her a "baby." So a couple of weeks ago, I sat down and explained that no matter how old she and Drew get, they'll always be my babies. Even when she's a mommy herself. She'll always be my baby. Even when I'm old and decrepit - and she's feeding me like a baby. She'll always be my baby.

My goal is that by making my children understand this concept - of always being my "babies" - that they'll always know how much I love them and that they'll always be welcomed, loved, and accepted in my home for as long as I am living on this earth.
 

No comments: