Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pirate Adventures at OBX


For the second year in a row, Emma went aboard the Sea Gyspy to experience the Outer Banks Pirate Excursion. This is a pretty cool adventure for little kids to take. They get a chance let their imagination run wild by coming aboard a real "pirate ship," reading a treasure map to find the sunken treasure, shoot water cannons at some real life "pirates," and ending their experience by getting "drunk" off the Pirate's Grog.

Enchanting Emma, with her pirate's vest on, getting her face painted.

Because Brennan was "too old" for it, Drewbie got to partake in this year's excursion! 



Studying the map to locate where the hidden treasure is. 

She's bound and determined to find it before any of the other kids do!




And just a few pictures from last year's adventure.  It's so fun for me to look back at the changes in my children from year to year.

Since Drewbie didn't go last year, here's this year's for comparision.  Selfishly, this one's for myself.  I'm about 40+ lbs lighter this year, and I think you can see it in my face in these two pictures. 

No comments: