Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

So this post is only a week late. My life seems to be crazy, crazy right now so finding the time to squeeze in a post is challenging. But enough of that...on to some fun!

Because of the wonderful Flex Fridays that my company offers, I kicked off the extended weekend on Friday. Started it off just how I love: with a nice kick-ass spinning class, followed by a Starbucks. Then I mulched and mowed our entire front yard. By myself. With both kids. Then I took them for a bike ride and a play in the park. Yes, I am supermom.

Then it was off to Flora, IN to see both of my 2nd cousins' graduation party on Saturday. Haven't heard of Flora, IN? Really?!? Population is 2,000. I'm pretty sure there were more than that amount at my high school's graduation ceremony, so it was a trip for me to say the least! While I can surely appreciate a nice, country boy (who can't?!?), it's hard for me to imagine living in such a small town. The smell of manure would put me over the edge!

But, wait. I still had to make the trip to Buffalo, IN. Where the population is even smaller. In fact, when Googling the town of Buffalo, IN...nothing even comes up. Besides Buffalo, NY or it's close cousin, the Bison...Buffalo, IN doesn't exist in a quick Google search. Which is funny. Because if you close your eyes for 1 minute while driving through the town, it doesn't exist either! *wink, wink*

But alas, it DOES exist! Because I was there and have the pictures to prove it. My dad and Ann's cottage house is located in good ol Buffalo, IN. While Andy was out partying with his buddies to celebrate the Indy 500, I gave him his much-deserved time off and took the kids to my dad and Ann's place. While I know some fun memories and good times will be had in the future, it just stunk that the weather was so crappy to kick off our time there. The Tippy River was so swollen with all the rain they've received, that it flooded into their backyard. So there was no playing in it, boating in it, or kayaking to be had. Definitely in the future, though!

By Sunday, Andy & I were able to spend some time together, so thanks to my mom, we went on a nice, long 40 mile bike ride. The weather was beautiful, so we took full advantage and made a loop downtown and through Ft Ben. Biking has definitely become part of our lifestyle, and something we enjoy doing together.
 
All in all, we had a pretty good Memorial Day weekend!
 
 








No comments: