Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Soundtrack of My Life

This is such a random post, I know.  But I started a 90's playlist on my iPhone, and all these memories just started pouring through.  Like most people I know, there are songs that define certain parts of one's life.  And that definitely holds true to me. 

Like Paula Abdul will forever remind me of my tweens.  I had her VHS tapes, where I would play them over and over again to memorize the choreography.  I was going to be the "Paula Abdul Princess."  Because Michael Jackson was the King of Pop and Madonna was the Queen of Pop.  So, out of respect to them, I would just be a princess.

Or how Uptown Girl always brings me back to 1986, where I would put on concerts for my mom.  Using the fireplace as my stage and taper candles as my microphone.

Or how Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love" reminds me of my 14th Birthday Party, where Lee Anne Guiducci broke it down, using a sleeping bag as her cape.

And how Jewel got me through my biggest high school heartache.  Oh, how I remember the nights I would just cry and cry and cry to "You Were Meant For Me."  Hell, I even wrote a paper my junior year in high school about him.  To this day, I still think of Chris when I hear that song.

And Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me" will remind me of the Summer of '00 when I used Mindy's ID to get into a Purdue Bar. 

Ahhhh.....see the memories are great.  Music is definitely a driving force of memories.  So if I had to make a soundtrack of my life thus far this would be it.  Hope these bring back some memories for you, too. 


Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go                                 Wham!
The Longest Time                                                          Billy Joel
Uptown Girl                                                                  Billy Joel
I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)        Whitney Houston
ABC                                                                             The Jackson 5
Thriller                                                                           Michael Jackson
Smooth Criminal                                                            Michael Jackson
Jack 'N Diane                                                                John Cougar Mellencamp
Forever Your Girl                                                          Paula Abdul
Opposites Attract                                                          Paula Abdul
Like A Virgin                                                                 Madonna
Heal The World                                                             Michael Jackson
Livin' On A Prayer                                                         Bon Jovi
My Prerogative                                                              Bobby Brown
Wind Beneath My Wings                                               Bette Midler
Hold On                                                                        Wilson Phillips
Poison                                                                           Bel Biv Devoe
Step By Step                                                                 NKOTB              
Ice Ice Baby                                                                  Vanilla Ice
U Can't Touch This                                                        MC Hammer
The Humpty Dance                                                        Digital Underground
I Wanna Sex You Up                                                    Color Me Badd
Gonna Make U Sweat                                                   C + C Music Factory
Baby, Baby                                                                   Amy Grant
Motownphilly                                                                Boyz II Men
Good Vibrations                                                           Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
Summertime                                                                  DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
Jump                                                                             Kris Kross
My Lovin (You're Never Gonna Get It)                         EnVogue   
I Will Always Love You                                                Whitney Houston
Informer                                                                        Snow
Weak                                                                            SWV
Nuthin But A "G" Thang                                                 Dr Dre
I Swear                                                                         All-4-One
Hero                                                                             Mariah Carey
Again                                                                            Janet Jackson
Funkdafied                                                                   Da Brat
Whatta Man                                                                 Salt-N-Pepa
Linger                                                                          Cranberries
Who Am I (What's My Name?)                                   Snoop Dog
Big Papa                                                                      Notorious B.I.G.
Gangsters Paradise                                                      Coolio
Strong Enough                                                             Sheryl Crow
1st of the Month                                                          Bones-Thugs-In-Harmony
Macarena                                                                    Los Del Rio
Because You Loved Me                                              Celine Dion
Who Will Save Your Soul                                            Jewel
In Your Eyes                                                               Peter Gabriel
Foolish Games/You Were Meant For Me                    Jewel
I'll Be Missing You                                                      Puffy Daddy/Faith Evans
Wanna Be                                                                   Spice Girls
My Heart Will Go On                                                 Celine Dion
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It                                                       Will Smith
Adia                                                                            Sarah McLachlan
I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing                                       Aerosmith
...Baby One More Time                                              Britney Spears
Hands                                                                         Jewel
Thong Song                                                                Sisqo
Bye Bye Bye                                                             'N Sync
That's The Way It Is                                                   Celine Dion
Independent Woman, Part I                                        Destiny's Child
Hero                                                                          Enrique Iglesias
Hit 'Em Style (Oops!)                                                 Blu Cantrell
It Wasn't Me                                                              Shaggy
Young                                                                        Kenny Chesney
Good Morning Beautiful                                             Steve Holy
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy                                   Kenny Chesney
You Make Me Sick                                                   Pink
Cry Me A River                                                         Justin Timberlake
Your Body Is A Wonderland                                     John Mayer
Milkshake                                                                 Kelis
Come Away With Me                                               Norah Jones
Butterfly Kisses                                                        Bob Carlisle
My Little Girl                                                           Tim McGraw
Forever                                                                     Chris Brown
Disturbia                                                                    Rihanna
OMG                                                                        Usher

1 comment:

shiloh said...

Awesome list Chrissy! Bye Bye Bye and Thong Song remind me of our room (you, me and Scherrie) and when you made me signs that said "you are my sunshine after the rain" after Travis made me cry!