Monday, October 3, 2011

Knitting With Grandma

One of the (many) things I love about my mom is her amazing knitting ability. The woman can literally knit like it's her job. Without thought, without looking; she just knits away.

She always has.

I can't think of a time from my childhood where she was sitting on the couch without her knitting needles. That's just what she does.

And she does an amazing job.

So, naturally when she comes over to our house to watch the kids, she brings her knitting stuff. And naturally, Emma wants to be all-up-in-her-business, so Grandma has started to "teach" her how to knit. (I use that term lightly, as she's only five...well almost. Her attention span is still very limited. I think she was over it after about 3 minutes.)

When we came home from our anniversary dinner the other night, I thought it was super-sweet, seeing her sitting next to my mom, learning how to knit.
 


No comments: