Monday, October 24, 2011

Purdue's Homecoming 2011

I decided to go to Purdue's Homecoming this year, and boy am I glad I did!  Prior to this past weekend, I had only been back twice since graduating.  And man, is it different!  It's like an entirely new campus.  The stadium is now (seemingly) twice as big, the Levee has doubled in size, and there are dozens of new buildings.

The one BIG thing that made me sad, though, was the lack of fans that showed up to Ross-Aide Stadium.  There were a lot of empty seats.  Hell, if it weren't for all the black and gold, you would have thought you were at an IU game.

Well, wait. 

No.  No, it wasn't that bad.

But it was completely different from my days.  Back in the Brees era, our games sold out.  They were on major networks.  They were awesome.

But as I mentioned above, I found a lot of things different.  And I felt - gasp - old.  I kept saying, "When I was here...."  And I referred to the players as "kids."  Which is totally what they are.  Just kids, having the time of their lives, playing the best sport in the world. 

One of the "new" things I enjoyed was the song and dance number that everyone does - including the players - before the start of the 4th quarter.  Everyone was dancing and acting a fool....it was so much fun to watch.  I caught the very end of it, which you can see on the video at the end of this post.

I'm so glad I made it back to my Alma Mater!  Hail Purdue.

Here comes the jets....

An awesome fly-over!

Me and Dad


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the band!

No comments: