Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Well, the time had finally come.

After 2 years and 8 months, it was finally time to transition Drew into his big boy bed.

It was a bittersweet moment for me. On one hand, I didn't want to accept the fact that my little boy wasn't a baby any more. If he's no longer in a crib, then I guess I couldn't technically call him a little baby anymore, could I? But on the other hand, I may have been just a teensy bit excited to be able to cuddle with him at night.

And cuddle I do!

He loves his big boy bed. He loves getting all cozy and comfy underneath all the covers.

In fact, he's the exact OPPOSITE of his big sister...

It was HELL getting her to sleep in her big girl bed. I remember that first night....heck, I don't think Andy and I will ever forget it, as much as we'd like to! She got up about 30 times before we threw in the towel and just sat on the floor in her room. And then, for about the first month or so of her being in her big girl bed, we'd have to sit on the floor until she fell asleep. No eye contact, no talking, nothing. Just pure silence until the girl fell asleep. Fun times. Super-fun times when you're 6 months pregnant, I might add!

But not Drewbie. He hasn't got up once since putting him in his big boy bed. He's such a good little guy. Love my little man to pieces!
 

No comments: