Monday, August 13, 2012

State Fair Fun

Another fun item to check off of our Summer Fun List is our annual visit to the Indiana State Fair.  We always enjoy going every August, and this year was no different.

The only thing that we could have done without, was the Swine Flu that Andy got 2 days after visiting the swine barn.  Poor guy!  Prior to going, we had heard that a few pigs had high fevers (and then - go figure -  a day later they ended up closing the barn because of the flu outbreak amongst the pigs), but we aren't the germ-a-phobe types who freak out at every little sickness that we hear about.  I come from the philosophy that a little dirt and germs never hurt anybody.....which is why I believe my kids and myself have immune systems as strong as armour: I was and they were subjected to germs early on, allowing their bodies to build up an immunity from the get-go.

But anyway.  That wasn't fun for Andy.  Especially in a truck-stop hotel room in Michigan (which is where he was 2 days later, on business.  Why his school can't book a nicer hotel is a different subject, BTW.)





Emma has NO FEAR.
And Mommy has a big brain. She made Daddy go on this with her!
That's her and Andy alltheway up there.

This ride is more of Drew's pace.

I seriously can't stand it.
He keeps getting cuter and cuter.
My little man.

And she keeps morphing more and more into me.
Which is such a wonderful, loving, never-one-to-talk-back-or-have-an-attitude type of lady.
Love her!

Her 1st fish.
That died the next morning.

Does anybody recognize this?!?
If you grew up in Indy between 1983 and 86, then you know that these are the old Show Biz Pizza characters! I couldn't help but take a picture of this retro display.

No comments: