Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kelly & Steph's Dr Seuss Baby Shower

Thank God for Pinterest.  Without, I wouldn't have been able to come up with nearly as many cute and clever ideas as I did for Kelly and Steph's baby shower.

But cute and clever it was!

While the theme had been chosen weeks and weeks before the shower, all the prep work, baking, crafty, and stressing didn't start until the week of.  No, it wasn't because I was being a procrastinator.  Every free moment I had - which was few and far between, as I was at the peak of my training regimen - was spent swimming, biking, or running.

But the 18 hours of sleep I got in final 5 days before the shower paid off.  Because it was so stinkin' cute and super, super fun!

(If there's a recipe and/or tutorial I used, I tried to include the link within each item below.)
Menu
Cat in the Hat Cookies
Green Eggs and Ham Pretzels
Assorted Truffula Fruits (caramel-dipped grapes, gummy Lifesavers)
Truffula Seeds (purple M&M's)
Willy Waterloos Rock Candy
Turquoise and Red Twizzlers
Thing 1 Thing 2 Cupcakes
Chocolate Fountain w/ the fixins'
Cheese Tree
Green Eggs and Ham Deviled Eggs
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (colored Goldfish)
Ham and Cheese Sammies
Beezelenut Splash (Spite + Jello) in Lorax beverage dispenser
Bottled Water

Decor
Truffula Trees
Diaper Cake
Cat in the Hat Entry Standee w/ guest sign-in/keepsake book (Happy Birthday to You by Dr Seuss)
Photo Booth
All things red turquoise!

Games
Goldfish Guessing Game
Baby Quiz
Timed Baby Tray Guessing Game


Chocolate Fountain and Goldfish Guessing Game

Goldfish Guessing Game







Truffula Trees
(These things hung out in my house for a week; kids loved 'em!)

Having a little fun setting everything up before the guests arrived!

Diaper Cake





The invitation I had custom made

3 comments:

Hochgrabers said...

You are so creative, LOVE the party idea. Looks like the party was a hit!

Unknown said...

I am totally in love with Kelly & Steph's Dr Seuss Baby Shower. All of the food is quite enchanting. I am really happy with these details because I too needed such ideas for an easy baby shower for my cousin. The party would be hosted at the garden event venue Atlanta and I bet that this theme is going to add so much fun.

JW Event Suite said...

Nice collections of images about Baby shower venues Atlanta ga.I have read your Blog. This So Nice and Awesome service you have provided.