Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Emma's Surf Shack

Lately I've been busy "redecorating" our house.  (And mainly while Andy's out of town.....but that's another post, soon to come!)  One of my biggest achievements thus far has been Emma's new "Surf Shack" room.

Ever since she watched "Soul Surfer" over a year ago, she's been fascinated with all things surfing.  Or Bethany Hamilton.  Or shark attacks.  Or surf shorts.

You get the picture.

So I've been pinning ideas on Pinterest (of course), gathering inspiration for her new room.  One of my favorite sites (aside from Pinterest, of course) is ana-white.com.  It's full of FREE design plans for virtually anything home decor-wise.  I saw that they had a plan for a clubhouse bed.....one that is EXACTLY like the $1,500 Pottery Barn one.

So I forwarded that bad boy over to my dad, who just happens to be a handy-dandy granddaddy.  Who's recently retired.  I couldn't think of a better way for him to pass his free-time up!  And, thankfully, he couldn't either.

So, without further ado, I present to you: Emma's new SURF SHACK.


This is under the shack.
A little reading nook / hide-out / fort.
It's a BIG hit!





(The fan is disabled, BTW. I'm not a big fan of head injuries.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What kind of lumber did you use? Approx price? And what store did you go to get the lumber?