Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wetland Wonders

A handful of my Daisies visited Ritchey Woods in Fishers this past weekend, to explore the wonders of the wetlands.  Being that it's on Hague Rd, between 96th and 106th steets, I've passed by Ritchey Woods many a times on my way to my mom's and I've often wondered what exactly this was.

I got the opportunity to find that out through "Wetland Wonders."  Ritchey Woods is a public nature preserve with trails, greenways, and shelters.  It's different than your typical park in that it doesn't have a playground; this truly is a spot to enjoy nature in it's element.  Although we didn't see Shrek, we found just about everything else that lives in a swamp.  Yummy!

I'm glad I was able to see what this park was all about.......no doubt I'll be planning some fun excursions this summer for Emma & Drew.  Drewbie will just LOVE it.

Checking out all the critters in the swamp.

Miss Maggie and Miss Grace fishing up some goodies.

So happy!

Miss Emma and Miss Isabelle

No comments: