Thursday, May 13, 2010

Business Trip

Sometimes, I just really love my job. Well, I guess I shouldn't even say sometimes. Most of the time, if not all the time. And these past few days is why...BUSINESS TRIPS!

To see Nike and adidas' spring 2011 lines, we went up to Chicago. Normally, we take the trek out west to Portland, however we were blessed to not have to endure the 3 hour time-change.

Nike was up first. And everytime I go out on Nike's dime, I truly know why they are one of the top brands in the world. They are premium in every way. And this was just really a quick 2-day trip. Nothing fancy, in their minds. But to me, they put us up in a nice hotel, feed us fantastic food, provide all transportation, and give us goodies. Like a trip to Wrigley Field to check out the Cubbies. And beforehand, they even rent out a bar/restaurant (Wrigley Rockit)...which can't be cheap and provide us appitizers, drinks, and dinner. How great is that?!?

Although second-rate (sorry, adidas fans/readers), I kinda feel sorry for adidas at times. They're always after Nike, so our expectations are high. So when they show up with a limo, we're like, "What the heck?!?.....you expect us to all cram into THAT thing?!?" Almost like it's a bad thing. (Well, actually. It was horrible. Beyond horrible. Car sickness, nausea. Enough said.) But they still put us up in a beautiful hotel. I mean, the fact that it has a TV screen built into the bathroom mirror cannot make it too low-class, can it?!? [insert sarcasism here]

So really---I am truly blessed. Not only do I have the family that is amazingly beautiful, but I have a job that I truly love.

1 comment:

The McClains said...

That's awesome that you have such a great job! I'm happy for you. It is nice to be able to have a life as "mommy" and a life outside of mommyhood, too!