Friday, May 7, 2010

Drew's First Birthday



We celebrated Drew's first birthday with family this past Sunday. And poor little man: he woke up sick and not feeling good at all. He didn't nap very well that day, and was running a slight fever by the time the party started. So he wasn't in the best of spirits for the celebration of his first birthday. But nonetheless, we still celebrated. I got Drew his own personal slice of cake, complete with the number "1" candle. After having dinner and sitting in his highchair for about 10-15 minutes he started reaching his boiling point, especially given the fact that he didn't feel good. So I knew I only had a moment or two to capture some good pictures. We all sang "Happy Birthday" and he was fine.

Until we all clapped and cheered. And then he just lost it. "Why are all these people yelling and looking at me?"...I'm sure he was thinking. Heck, I'd think the same thing, too, if I didn't feel good. All little man wanted to do was just take a nap!

So we wrapped things up, put Drew down for a small cat-nap and finished our cake and ice cream within the birthday boy. I woke him up, though, for presents. The birthday boy has to see all his new presents, right? Well, he had no interest but his big sister did. So Emma ended up opening all of Drew's presents. (Don't worry buddy. Soon enough, you'll be opening up plenty of her things--I'm sure of it!)

No comments: