Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mini Marathon


Well, I know it's been a couple of weeks since I completed the mini. And I fully intended to blog about it but really--when it came down to it--I was just so over it. Everybody said that I'd have nothing to worry about. They said the adrenaline of race day would take over and I would be just fine. Well, let me just tell you: I WILL NEVER AGAIN RUN 13.1 MILES. That is one of the most stupidest things I have ever done. It was just all-over a miserable, non-gratifying experience. After I ran 15K (which is 9 miles), I just hit a wall. So I started walking. And walking. And then, when I tried to start running again, it was painful. So I was like, "Screw this. I'll just walk the rest of the way."

By the time I reached the finish line, I was feeling miserable and beat-down. I was not proud of anything, rather I was like "Why the HELL did I just do that to myself. Who DOES that?!?" So needless to say, I won't be doing that again. I'll stick to my 1-hour spinning classes and trampoline-jumping with Emma, thankyouverymuch.

2 comments:

shiloh said...

Hey, you finished, I've never even attemped one! And I heard trampoline bouncing burns lots of calories:)

The McClains said...

Ha ha ha! Well, good work on finishing and on figuring out that you never want to do that again! :)