Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Running Update

So I realized I haven't posted anything on my Mini training in quite some time. And there's a pretty good reason for that. I haven't been training. Truth be told, after I did my first long run of 9 miles three weeks ago, I lost interest. After running over 2 hours, I felt satisfied and even proud of myself for running such a long time. In my eyes, running for 2 hours straight is not normal, so the fact that I completed that task was victory enough for me. But, my dumb-butt told everybody and their mother that I'm doing this Mini Marathon, so I must follow thru.

Uggh. So I will. And I'll hate it. Every, single, stinkin' step of it. Everyone claims that I'll be fine, though. They say that I'll be motivated by the sure adrenaline that I'll have once I arrive. With all the hooplah and hurrah that will be happening throughout the race, people claim that it'll get me through the 13.1 miles that I'm trekking to do. So we'll see!

1 comment:

The McClains said...

ha ha! Yes, you will totally get through it. The one time I did the Indy mini I think the longest run I did was 7 or 8 miles. I made it through just fine. You'll do great! Way to go!!!