Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Drew's Surgery

For a while now, I debated if I was going to go public and post this entry. Due to the personal nature of this surgery, I didn't want to compromise my child's privacy, nor did I want to reveal anything that could potentially haunt him down the road. But after weighing the consequences, coupled with the purpose behind this blog, I decided to post this entry.

However, I will keep it brief and vague.

My baby boy is undergoing a procedure tomorrow morning. Everything is fine - he's not ill; nothing has tragic has happened. It's an optional procedure that Andy & I have elected to have done on him. Again, I'm going to be vague. His classmates further down the road don't need to be reading anything that could be used against him, or in some hurtful manner.

The part that I wanted to take the time to write about is how I'm feeling, and what led me - US - to the decision to go forward with this procedure. As a parent, you want nothing more than for your child to be healthy, happy, and successful. You do anything and everything for your child. You make decisions that you think, hope, and pray for, are the best for them. Which is where we're at today. Andy & I have made a decision for my baby boy that I only hope is the best decision for him. It was a painstakingly hard decision to make, but I believe I am making the best decision for my little man.

I can't express how the next 24 hours will go for me. I can only take deep breaths and continue to think that what we're choosing to do is the best for my little baby Drew. I'll continue to write and keep everyone updated.

2 comments:

The McClains said...

Praying that everything goes well tomorrow for little Drew.

shiloh said...

Will be thinking and praying for Drew and you all.