Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Boys of Fall

Many of you know....I love football. And most of you are friends of mine on Facebook, so you've seen that I've posted this video before.

But man, I just love football. I love the smell of the freshly cut grass on the field, I love the sweat that pours from a players head, I love the sound of the cheering fans in the stands. I even love the sound the helmets make as they're crashing into each other. But most importantly, I love what football teaches our young men. The camaraderie that comes from a bond of young men. The fact that knowing that no matter how many interceptions you throw, or blocks you miss....you still stand with your boys in that huddle at the end of every game and you thank God for the game that you just played. Cause you know you put your heart and soul in it. You know so, because you left buckets of vomit on that practice field the day before, and the guy standing next to you left a fragment of his tooth out there as well.

But you don't complain because that's the name of the game. Instead, you just pound harder next time. You study and study and study until your eyes cannot focus any more.

You do so because you're a football player.
 

No comments: