Monday, January 10, 2011

Busted Nose

Well, I guess I can't complain too much. After being a mom for over 4 years, I just had my first real "battle wound" from my children.

Yesterday, while horsing around with Drew, he came crashing down on my nose. I'm not sure what exact part of his head hit my nose, whether it was his mouth or his forehead or what....but what ever it was, it knocked me square in the schnooze. And man, did it hurt! At first I thought I had broke it, because I immediately turned over and felt some liquid coming from it. But, luckily there was no blood. Just a bunch of snot.

As for Drew, well he was completely fine. He started crying, but I think that was a reaction to my screaming. Because he stopped about 30 seconds later. As for me, though, I'm left with a very painful nose and an annoying headache. It's swollen, but nothing that a normal person would notice. I think it might bruise....I'm starting to notice a little darkness around my eyes. If it does, in fact bruise, it'll come later this evening.

So I should wake up all nice and pretty tomorrow.

No comments: