Friday, July 8, 2011

Hot Glue Guns Hurt

Turns out, hot glue hurts when you apply it to your skin!

No, I'm not practicing some new fad of "burning" yourself.  Yesterday I was making a Pom Pom necklace and I burned myself not once but TWICE with my hot glue gun.  You'd think I was a novice with the glue gun, but no...I've been using this thing for decades.  (Yes, I started using a hot glue gun at 11. Quick, call CPS on my mom.)

Burn #1. It instantly peeled back the skin on my ring finger. Felt fantastic.

Burn #2. Instantly bubbled up. These two spots actually hurt the worst. 


Did I mention that I was alone with the two kids? 

Yeah, that was fun.  Trying to take care of them with two burning hands out of commission was pleasant.

But it was worth it, don't you think?



Love, love, love it.  I will be making one in (almost) every color.  Plus some headbands!

1 comment:

shiloh said...

didn't you burn your hand really bad at scherrie's wedding? girl, you need to stop handling hot things! you look stunning by the way:)