Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lake Time

On Friday, I started off my day with an early morning dip in the Morse Reservoir. My first sprint triathlon was the following day and I had yet to swim in open water. Yikes, right? Well, fear not my friends. As usual my BFF Kelly came to the rescue, offering up her parent's house for the morning for me to get a swim in.

So while she followed me in the kayak, I went out for my first 500 meter swim.

And Hole. Lee. Hell. I'm SOOOO glad I did this, otherwise I would have been overwhelmed at the distance in the open water. Not that it's a long distance by any means, but the fact that it's in open water, where you can't just put your feet down to catch your breath. That's the trickiest thing with the swimming portion of a tri: you have to get your breathing down, and not freak out when water gets in your mouth. Or when you start to choke up a bit. Or when you get water in up your nose. Or when your goggles fog up a bit.

But I survived. I also learned that I don't know who to freestyle worth a darn, so that's definitely something I'll be working on in the next month.

Before my next one!

But I digress. After my swimming lesson/practice, I met Andy at his work's parking lot to pick the kids up (did I mention that I started my morning off with an early MORNING dip? Yeah, at 6:30 in the a.m.) then headed back over to do some more swimming with the kids. With them being the fishies that they are, they loved this last-minute activity that I decided to do! So while we only got to swim for an hour or so this time, I'm hoping we'll be making some more guest appearances at the Kiovsky Lake House this summer!
 
Nothings cuter than a baby's bottom.



Drew got a kick out of Harper's stub-of-a-tail. He thought it was the funniest, most fascinating thing! 



No comments: